7/11/12

Independence Day


As previously mentioned (here and here), I spent the 4th in Georgia with my family.  It was a quick trip, but it was filled with all the good stuff - sparklers, fireworks, Dad's famous steaks on the grill, and my whole immediate family spending plenty of quality time together.  It was also really hot there.  Like, intolerably hot.  The pups were not fans (see below).

My mom's neighborhood had their own fireworks which were set off from a picnic table beside the community pond.  As we sat there (for a whole ten minutes - ahh, the attention span of 4 and 6 year olds!) my father wondered out loud about the whole wood and fire combination taking place across the way from where we sat.

The next morning, the picnic table was gone; in it's place was a smoldering heap of ash and embers.

Here are some more photos, if you'd like to see...



No comments: