6/8/12

the last few weeks (through Instagram)


I'm home from Europe and, after the last two days of catching up (complete with jet lag), I'm ready for another vacation.  Fortunately, this weekend will be full of fun, sun and friends in the city - just what I need!

I'll be posting some of the thousands (I'm not kidding) of photos I took over the next week or two (or six), and what better place to start than instagram?



Here it is - Europe and beyond through my iPhone (and that last one from Svenja).

Prior to my departure, I ventured down to the UWS to see Camilla while she was in town and we enjoyed a lovely picnic in Central Park while we nerded out over business talk.  I really love that girl.

I also ran a few necessary errands - which, naturally, included a Poppy's burger.

Sunset over Nova Scotia, sunrise over Ireland.

While I was packing, I found a bunch of Euros from my trip to Germany two years ago, along with an old, cheeky business card.

I had about 45 minutes to waste at the airport, so I did what everyone should do right before they fly to France - drank wine and had a cheese plate.

The first five days were spent in a little town right outside of Paris, where I was doing photos for an International School.  Maisons-Laffitte is home to a really beautiful chateau and a bunch of awesome people (recognize Katie?).  I got to incorporate both of those things into an engagement shoot, which I'll share soon :)

Then, we spent two days in Paris relaxing, admiring the sights, eating good food and - as you can see - wading in fountains.

After Paris, we took a train to Belgium and later, to Amsterdam.  More on what we did and where we stayed to come!  

Last, we trained it on over to visit friends in Hamburg.  While we were there, we took a day trip to the Baltic Sea, I reminisced about my childhood which was heavily influenced by the time my family spent living in Germany.

We rode the ferry around the harbor, got lost in an incredible exhibit on photojournalism, took a plane ride over Hamburg (piloted by Svenja's brother, Majo!), went to what seemed like sixteen street fairs and ate a lot of German food.
I really love German food.
Except Fischbrötchen, which I will never eat again.  Ever.

Then, after nearly three weeks away, I came home.
Part of the reason I love traveling so much is because of how it can make you really appreciate home.

Or maybe that's just me, because I just so happen to live in a really beautiful place.

Have a great weekend!
xo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you know that there is a German restaurant in Nyack? :)

JacPfef said...

I didn't - I'll have to check it out and see if it's up to par!