6/3/13

May


Last month, I hinted that some big changes were coming my way, and if you follow me on facebook or instagram, there's a chance you got a jump on the official announcement.  But if not, you've probably got an eyebrow raised and you're all whatttt is going on here?  Or you're like, can you please post some more pictures of people in looove?  I thought that's what I was here for?  In which case, you can just start clicking here from now on, and that will filter these posts out for you ;)
So my notes on May will start here...

  • I moved!  While I maintain a satellite location in New York (what's up, Dad!) and trademark Yankee wit, home base is now in Virginia Beach.  That's in Virginia.  Near the beach.  har har.  
  • On a professional note, I'll be commuting north a few times each month for meetings, photo sessions, weddings and quality time with my favorite folks.  I am still booking in New York, so if you're interested in any of those things, please let me know!
  • Rocco and Suzette are enjoying long walks on the beach, having neighbor-dogs to bark at and a community dog park to sniff around when it's empty.  Having lived most of his seven+ years in the middle of nowhere, Rocco is not social with other dogs so we try to avoid them.  Moral of the story: if you have young dogs, socialize them!  And if you happen to time travel to six and a half years ago and run into nineteen year old me with the cutesttt puppy, tell me that.
  • I planted an herb garden.  I'm in love with it and when two of my plants were murdered in the night by an animal (maybe one of mine) it hurt.  A lot.
  • Three days after I moved here, I ran into a friend of mine from the first studio I ever worked at in the pasta aisle at Whole Foods.  It was pretty awesome.
  • I got to have coffee in Norfolk with another old friend of mine, who happens to live there AND she's in a wedding I'm shooting in New York next month.  Such a small world we live in.

May, I've loved every nutty minute of you. 
We're three days into June and it has already been filled with so much happiness.  I'm looking forward to trips to NewYork, Georgia, DC and New Jersey, LOTS of time spent at the beach and making this house feel even more like a home.

Here are some snapshots taken in and around our new place!

My stoop kids.

2 comments:

Jen @ Cuddles and Chaos said...

So pretty! I was in Virginia Beach once when I was in first grade and my uncle was in the Navy and coming home from Iraq. We had so much fun!

Can't wait to see more pictures of the new place!

melifaif said...

Beyond GORGEOUS!!! Congrats on the move. Is that your front door????? It really doesn't matter, but it is so fantastical. I am love playing catch up on your blog....cheers! p.s. we are getting our baby yorkie on Saturday!!!!