6/4/13

Rosemary Truffle Chips


One of my favorite things about our new place is our kitchen.  It was the first room in the house that was anywhere close to being complete.  We didn't have a couch for a good week and a half, but you can be damn sure we had a fully stocked pantry and cabinets full of pans and mixing bowls.

I love cooking, and I get really excited about good food.  Last week, I had a delicious burger topped with duck confit, sautéed mushrooms, brie and an herb aoili that I haven't been able to shut up about.  Forget what's happening on Game of Thrones - I had an AMAZING burger last week!  (80/20 Burger Bar, Norfolk).

I made homemade burgers about two weeks ago and I accompanied them with these rosemary truffle chips which were highly addictive and ridiculously good.  Here's how I made them...


Ingredients
5 large golden potatoes (slice thinly)
2 sprigs fresh rosemary (1 full, one chopped)
1 teaspoon truffle oil
canola oil
coarse sea salt

Directions
In a pot, heat canola oil and one rosemary sprig over medium-high heat.  There should be enough canola oil to immerse the potatoes in.  I used about a quart.

Add sliced potatoes to hot oil.  Stir occasionally.  When they start to brown, add chopped rosemary.

Remove potatoes from oil with a slotted spoon and let drain on paper towels.

In a bowl, toss potato chips with truffle oil and salt to taste.

Serves 2.

1 comment:

melifaif said...

I must try this!!!!! I love yummy treats. Thx for sharing.