7/8/12

the past month (through instagram)

Route 218
Cornwall, New York


My last instagram post left me just arriving home from Europe.  With everything that's been going on since, I feel like that was a year ago (which means it's time to go back, right?).  Here's what I've been up to....


I spent my first weekend back with friends in the city.  Ess came to visit (three days after I left her in Germany).
Brooklyn Beers // Street fair in Brooklyn // my friends
Ess & I, Central Park // Ess & I, cab // Matthew with Brooklyn Beers
Donte, Central Park silliness // Joe, Central Park frisbee // Brooklyn Brewery
Guess where, New York


I went to a Drake concert (random), which was a lot more fun than I was expecting, especially considering it was pouring rain and I nearly lost my shoes in the mud.

Ess, overlooking Hudson // Brooklyn Sirachi, studio // Nicole and me, Drake Concert
feet, overlooking Hudson // Monday morning box turtle // Newburgh Waterfront, the Nina
Ess & I, overlooking Hudson // Cliffs in Cornwall // Sunset over Hudson
Cornwall, Beacon, Newburgh, Washingtonville, New York


I've been making a point to appreciate where I live.  I think a lot of people who grew up in this area take it for granted, but I've been all over the world and I can't think of any place I'd rather live.

Sunset over Hudson
Cornwall, New York
the Hop
Beacon, New York


Engagement Session at the foot of Mohonk
New Paltz, New York

Ella's Bellas
Beacon, New York 

Church // Hudson // Hudson Hil's
Cold Spring, New York
the Beacon Bagel
Beacon, New York
On the 20th, I flew out to San Francisco for a few days.  I had two shoots out there: an engagement session and a spread for the Violet.  SF is one of my favorite cities, and even though I was only there for a brief time, I managed to squeeze in a trip to the sfMoMa and plenty of quality time with my west coast twin, Camilla.  

Fountain // Rockies // Tunnel
Detroit, Michigan and somewhere over Colorado

Union Square // fog from a distance // hey, that's me!
excerpt from Just Kids // installment at sfMoMa // breakfast
San Francisco, California

My trip home was the most eventful experience in air travel I have had yet, and even though it was a massive headache at the time, it was certainly an adventure!  I ended up getting home at 6am on Saturday morning, and after a quick nap, I got to have a little summer fun before heading to work on Sunday.

Ess // Watermelon Margaritas // Justin & Felicia
Ess, Felicia, me // bbq fun // summer uniform
jug o' juice // my boys // more bbq fun
Washingtonville, New York

Matt, me, Beth for Click.
Glen Island Harbour Club
New Rochelle, New York

 I finally got to catch up with the newly engaged Felicia & she asked me to be her Maid of Honor [insert massive cheesy grin here].

Felicia & I // blueberry mojitos
Washingtonville, New York

 Last Saturday, I drove down to Georgia with my Dad and the pups so that we could spend the holiday with the family.  We drove through the western route (through Pennsylvania, then down through the Appalachians).  It was a really beautiful drive.  Or at least the parts I didn't sleep through were.

back roads in West Virginia // map // Blue Ridge
Rocco // Susie // Shotgun


My [very confused] Dad with his three crazy daughters.
Statesboro, Georgia

It was really wonderful spending a few days of quality time with my whole family together.  I love them all so much.

Dad & Celina // Dad & Michelle, Mom & Carrie // Jax being Captain America
Statesboro, Georgia

the funniest picture I've ever taken of my dopey dog.
Statesboro, Georgia
Snoopy // I made fried chicken and turnip greens // my Dad in his father's day shirt
a note to my grandma from a classmate from 1934! // Celina with her wings // nostalgic coffee mug
family dinners // skyping to California // Jax adding stars to his cake
Statesboro, Georgia
my 4th of July cake!
Statesboro, Georgia

And now I'm back to every day life in New York until August and, I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Wildlife at home.
Washingtonville, New York

the ClickBox!
the Mansion @ the Renaissance Hotel
White Plains, New York

More...
of my family: Dad, Mom, Michelle, Carrie, Jax, Celina
of my friends: Ess, Matt, Donte, Joe, Nicole, Justin, Felicia, Matt, Beth
of my dogs: Susie, Rocco, Snoopy
of these states: New York, California, Georgia
of these things: the ClickBox

and of course, you can find more on my instagram.

No comments: